Just a man, a copy of MS Paint, and a blatant misunderstanding of Image Copyright law.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Holy shit it's my twent- Just kidding this is post 19 and a half.

Happy Easter! My Creatures from the Black Blogoon,

Well as you may have assertained from the title of post, this is not my twentieth post, but rather nineteenth and  half. Now you numerologists out there, might contest "But Gary, you can't have half a blog post, having half a blog post is like having half a hole, it doesn't matter if it's half the size, it's still a whole hole". Well while that is a good point; have you ever considered the following?  Shut it, you nerds.

..and that's how I won my 16th debate competition

So what's in the news? Easter? Yawn. We all know the Easter deal, Bunnies, Eggs, the Ressurection of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ etc. etc. On a slightly less dull note, I did happen across this neat article on the internet. Clickitclickitclickitclickit. Now for those of you too lazy to move the mouse/trackpad/touchscreen over to those blue words and apply a very small amount of pressure (I'll bet your mothers are very proud). Here's the gist of it, yesterday a Chinese coal-ship, the Shen Neng 1, crashed into the Douglas Shoals, a section of the Great Barrier Reef, and began to leak oil into the surrounding waters.

Before                                                After

Seriously crew of the Shen Neng 1 Seriously? I mean this doesn't even sound like news article, this sounds more like a goddamn episode of Captain Planet. I mean it's not like the Great Barrier Reef is that hard to miss. It's not just a barrier reef it's the Great Barrier Reef. "Now I may  not the biggest fan of the enviro-movement", he said, throwing another seal-pup onto the fire. But this is just truly awful.


Quite frankly this never should have happened.One wonders aren't there safeguards in place to keep this sort of thing from happening? I mean it's against the law for me throw out a can of paint, but these guys can just float whatever they want whereever they want? Not to mention the ship's cargo of 65,000 tonnes of coal.Yep, clean burning zero-emissions coal. Well, readers that's all for today and as my computer clock tells me, today's is actually tomorrow. Well I'm going to spend my Easter Monday, the way I always do. Hoarding enough Cadbury Creme Eggs to last me until next Easter. So until next time don't forget Panda suicide bombers totally exist. No foolin'.

1 comment:

Kevin Shen said...

Outrageous. We're going to destroy the world and then ourselves.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/04/aral-sea-almost-dried-up_n_524697.html

Fourth largest lake (or should I say FORMER fourth largest lake) in the world is about 90% dried up.